Friday, September 24, 2010

Life

As I sit here, Pandora sits in another tab, playing John Mayer, Colbie Callait, and Mat Kearney. It plays while I plan my next year. I had a mentor meeting 2 hours ago. My Williamsburg Mentor, Mr. Ure never ceases to amaze me. Williamsburg has filled 500 seats this semester. (about 150 students) Last semester we had twenty students. Today in my Personal Leadership class, we studied personality, to see how it affects leadership. I took a personality test and found I am a "Peacekeeper" It was interesting, and enlightening to see my friends, and the new students leadership styles.

At elevation two weeks ago, I sat for four hours, alone, in the woods, meditating and pondering life. I solidified the idea that, like I said in my Class President Speech that, "It is my duty. My mission, to help my peers develop the integrity, ideals, morals, leadership, and genius buried deep inside every one of you. We are a chosen generation, A hero generation, I want to be a Friend who helps you on your path to greatness."

Williamsburgs Mission Statement is “To prepare promising students for meaningful lives as principled leaders.” Its rough, and I believe that without the older students guiding me, I would have crashed and burned my first year. I took the shoes of my heroes in WA as I watched them graduate and go on to Harvard, George Wythe College, and Life. I have friends from all over this Country, and this year there is are students from Canada, and Japan getting the same education as a young man from Alaska. We need more youth like my peers. More youth who care. Who don't fit the description of a modern teenager. We need future leaders of the world.

We read Animal Farm last week along with Montesquieu and Locke. In Animal Farm, there is never talk of a God, and yet the first sentence in John Locke's Second Treatise talks of God. Which one did the Founding Fathers use as a foundation for the Constitution? You bet! Locke.  Animal Farm is a parable of Socialism, and Communism. It reflected Stalin.
Last semester's class president was asked, in his graduation oral exam, "If you could send the world one message, what would it be?" He responded, in three powerful words, "Come unto Christ"

That is the kind of youth America needs.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Jacob! I love it! You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. You are an amazing young man in the making!!!! I miss you and your family tons. Keep up the great work. And have FUN.
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I don't know you (and only know your mom from FB so far)...but as a mother of a 5 year old homeschooling boy, I am fascinated by "almost grown" homeschooled children. Your parents have done a great job, but you as well deserve credit for taking responsibility for the direction of your life. You are right when you say we need more youth like your peers (and like you). I have faith and hope in our country when I read things like this coming from our youth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacob! Do you think you will be available to be a mentor to my kiddos in a couple of years? I think you are (and are going to be) a great leader! Chad would love to talk books with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments!!! I love them.

    I agree. I see hope when My peers stand up and say We need to become BETTER. We shouldnt just do whats expected. We need to rise up! Become the leaders we wish to see in the world. I love the quote "Necessity breeds Invention"

    Yes Sis. Gonzales! I would LOVE to mentor your kids in a few years. Thats what I want to do. be a mento at Williamsburg. I want to share what I have with others and help the "Become Who They are"

    ReplyDelete