Monday, September 12, 2011

American

I’m proud to be American.




I may not agree with its politics, I may make snide comments about its leaders, I may be unsure of its future, but I am American. It is who I am.



I was raised to stop and hold my hand to my heart when a flag passed. I was raised to stand up for freedom.



I was raised to honor the men and women who have died so that I can say what I want to say, be who I want to be, and work to better my own position.



Thank you.



To the fire fighters who saved the helpless souls. To the troops who rose to the challenge and fight for my freedom. Thank you to those of you who work hard so that my posterity and I can say that we are American and we are proud of it.

1 comment: