Friday, April 10, 2009

Scholar

I've been entering  Scholar Phase.  I'm not actually in scholar phase just entering. I'm armed with my Scout Book, Book of Mormon, Planner, and Journal. 

You might think I beg for "scholar days" but sometimes I'm actually afraid of them. Why?  Well I grew up thinking (and knowing) that "work comes first then comes play".   And so far my education has been a lot of work and play.  You know core phase (love, work, and play).  And I know that being a Scholar is not all about play.  Being a Scholar means that I study and learn and get my education while I'm still under my parent's roof.

Once I'm free I don't know where to turn.  But I'm slowly finding out what I like to do. I (seriously) have a stack of 30 books that I've partially read. So once I'm done being a "fish out of water" we can start writing  that "too cool to be true" (Mom I hope you're listening) contract. That even has ups and downs. 

I've been writing reports on space exploration and now on aviation.  And now I need to go do another work sample.  

But guess what? I'm not chicken after all I just asked for a Scholar day.
You can read a couple articles my mom wrote about me and Scholar Phase here and here.

1 comment:

  1. jacob I loved the post.I love the part...well I liket it all.I can't believe I lookt at it...laugh!it is two month old...well your my brother.- josh

    ReplyDelete