Monday, December 13, 2010

Poems....

This is a poem I wrote during my reading of "Animal Farm" I DO NOT consider myself a "poet" but I feel something, a passion, a fire when I read and write poems. So... I write poems... usually about my generation. Some of them cant even be called the classic poem, they dont rhyme or match but I love them anyways.

Our Fate. Our Leader

Watching the world in this burning state

I don’t think this generation has a fate.

We burn the lands we love

This planet sits and becomes sick of

Our dumb excuses

Its gonna fight back, so be prepared

I walk down this road, I see the hate,

And now I realize, we do have a fate.

We’re gonna save this place

We gotta use our fingers to trace,

The words of the fathers, but that’s ok,

As long as we aint just sayin “lets play”

We must stop the blood

The darkness

The blindness

Of the past generations

We are going to give the founders those salutations

They so long deserve.

With my friends beside me, we are gonna rise and smash these pigs

We aint gonna fall for their tricks

All Humans were born equal, but some are more equal than others.

That is their chant.

Come, Come, and lead! Become who you were born to be! Reevaluate, realize, and return!

This is ours.

God is the true leader.



My Sore Brain

This chapter I dread

Ill mark it all in red.

Virtue, monarchy and laws!

Can’t James just push pause!?

My eyes strain, my head aches

I am going to slam the breaks

Then I see it! circled in yellow!

My voice cracks! “Midterms!!” I bellow!

So tomorrow Ill just have to push

I’ll get up off my little tush.

All I think is “Honors! Honors. Honors?”

But for now, I’m at the doctors

You see, If I’m sick

James won’t use his fine toothed pick

On this sore brain of mine.





Tears of a Nation-


As we work night after night,

In this seemingly endless fight

Our souls take flight

As the end comes in sight

In these small hours

We build the towers

Of the rest of our lives

We decide now to work

We cannot, do not, think to shirk

The responsibilities of a generation.

When do we train

To combat the rain

From the tears of a nation

That has lost its elation?

We are holding our breath

When will the others realize we are scared to death?

Help us learn!

Cause we are in a fourth turn

It’s the first time

Anyone has ever cared

We truly are scared

Of the tears of a nation

From where do they come?

When will it be done?

The tears of a nation,

Splashing on our salvation.




Who we are-


What is the purpose?

Why isn’t life courteous?

We want to find out what our mission is,

But the world is all about bliss

What about soul?

Or is it too regarded as “Just dull?

Life is about finding why we were born

If it wasn’t, life would be just forlorn!

Join me and we will find the mission

Don’t stoop to contrition

Let’s make changes to this world


Life isn’t about bliss!

Have none of you learned this?

Find who you are!

You won’t have to go far

Let’s help each other

I’ll be your blood brother

As we make this oath

We promise to give our soul growth


Find who we are

I’ll be your shining star

As we all try to change

We will rearrange

This place of ours

Even if it takes hours I don’t care

We will swear

To make the world a better place

Our humanity we embrace

As we’re becoming who we are


When we are becoming who we are

We shout “We are the leaders!” loud and far

We’ll try to fly without wings

As we find we are more than just things

As students

We make movements,

In the scheme of things


We will bring a renaissance of kings

Led by mentors who care

Our arms are at the square

When you believe in mission

You gain cognition


We will lead by love

And with help from the man above

We became the generation

Who will help the Nation

Become who it is

When we are… Who we are.

1 comment: